Saturday, October 8, 2016

IWLA 2016: Poster Session



Yesterday was a GREAT day at the all amazing IWLA conference. While I await anxiously for today's festivities to begin, I thought I would share my poster session since I have had a few emails asking me to do so.

2016: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle- Planning for multiple levels
Here is the link to my Google Drive with all my presentations. In here you will find the booklet handout (pictured above) and the short sample PowerPoint I showed.

For another recycling lessons example, here is my blog post about how I killed Bob in class.


Why contribute?
Every year there are so many people with wonderful offerings at IWLA that I feel like all I do is suck-up everyone else's knowledge. I become inspired, I become exited to go back to school on Monday, and I keep their information in my head forever (hopefully). This is the point of a well-run conference, right? Well, I still feel bad so I try to offer something in return. It may not be earth-shattering, but it might help someone somewhere!

You have something to offer too (and I want to know about it). If you aren't in Iowa, find your local world language association and join. Present, even if it is something small, do it. Many conferences have poster sessions which are 10 minute talks (like what I did this year), or do a whole 50 minutes. Just keep the knowledge sharing karma going!



Speaking of that, here is the link to the IWLA website where they create links of everyone who is willing to share their presentations! They have a great Pinterest page that stores links to frequent presenters' websites, presentations, and all sorts of goodies.

Stay tuned for a review of my take-aways from IWLA16. Look it up on Twitter, you will not be disappointed! #iwla16

No comments:

Post a Comment